Why do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data in order to provide our services in the most consistent, efficient and user-friendly way possible. We also collect it to provide appropriate customer support and for purposes of research and development.
When using our services you have choices regarding the Personal Data that you share with us. For example when using the RTC Launcher (Chat, Audio and Video via Luware Home-Page) you can enter your real name or any anonymous name if you like. When we ask for your Personal Data you can always decline to provide it. However, many of our products require a certain amount of your Personal Data in order to provide you with the features of the service. If you decline to provide that Personal Data we won’t be able to deliver the full services to you.
In certain cases we are required by applicable law to collect certain Personal Data from you. For example when contacting Luware via Audio/Video/Chat we are required by law to record and store the conversations for at least 6 months.
What type of Personal Data might we request?
When you contact us or where we have a contract with you the Personal Data we request may include the following information:
- In general we collect your email address / SIP address, name, business address, telephone number, company name;
- For orders we ask for billing and payment information
- For job applications we may ask you provide further information such as educational background and employment experience.
When you visit our websites we also collect information about your browser type, your IP address and access times.
For certain services that we provide to you, for example communication via Luware Home-Page (using the RTC Launcher), we also collect the information you enter in the window provided as well as the chat messages, duration of the session and the user modalities. Before you can enter anything into the window provided, you are asked to consent to us collecting this data and you are made aware that you do not have to enter your real name or email address in order to use the services.
When and how do we collect your Personal Data?
We may ask for some of your Personal Data when you:
- use our websites and services;
- request quotes, services, support, downloads, upgrades, trials, information;
- place orders for products or services or register for events;
- subscribe to newsletters, programs, promotional emails or other materials;
- apply for a job or submit your CV;
- contact us in general
How do we keep your Personal Data safe?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information;
- limiting physical access to our premises and devices;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- ensuring that we and our partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Data secure; and
- where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Data;
- we have strict confidentiality agreements in place with all our employees, partners and other third parties we may disclose your Personal Data to.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data to:
- provide to you our products and services properly which includes updating, securing and troubleshooting as well as support services;
- send you communications for example regarding product information, order status and confirmation as well as information about particular services,
- facilitate communications between us and you or between you and our certified partners
- customize, analyze and improve and develop our products, services, technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- prevent fraud and other illegal activities
- protect the security and integrity of our business, website, products and services; and/or
- otherwise, as agreed between you and us at the point of collection of your Personal Data.
We also use your Personal Data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance over a period of time, meeting legal obligations, developing and improving performance of employees and for research purposes.
Where do we keep your Personal Data and who may we disclose it to?
Your Personal Data is collected either by Luware AG or by one the Affiliates. Luware AG and all its Affiliates may share the Personal Data between each other. All Luware employees and other contractual partners of Luware are bound to strict confidentiality agreements. We keep all your Personal Data securely adhering to strict organizational and technical safety procedures.
Generally the data is stored at the head office in Zurich, Switzerland. Switzerland has been approved by the EU Commission as a country outside of the EU and the EEA which guarantees sufficient safeguards with respect to the protection of Your Personal Data.
We may also share your persona data with third parties such as authorities where required by law or responding to a legal process.
Personal Data which we generate through our products are used within Luware Affiliates only and are not sold to or shared with any other companies.
How long do we keep your Personal Data for?
We will keep your data for the period necessary to provide you with the services and to comply with applicable legal requirements. Where there are specific contracts in place, we will delete your Personal Data within a reasonable timeframe securely after termination of the contract, unless prohibited by the applicable laws.
What are your rights?
You have the right, at any time, to request information about the Personal Data we keep of you. You have the right to request such information in electronic form and, where necessary, request rectification should your Personal Data not be up to date or inaccurate. Where Personal Data is not strictly necessary for the performance of the services or contractual obligations, you may also request for such Personal Data to be permanently and securely deleted.
We keep your Personal Data while providing the services to you or during the course of your contractual relationship. All Personal Data will be deleted when it is no longer needed for the original purpose or after termination of the contractual relationship (unless prohibited by law).
We want to help you keep your Personal Data accurate. If you wish to receive information of your Personal Data we keep or if you would like to have your Personal Data deleted please send an email to email@example.com. Your request will be dealt with in due course and in any case within one (1) month of receipt of such a request.